Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Birthday Greetings to You

I am turning 26 in a couple of days. There are moments when I wish I could capture time and wind it back to somewhat lengthen this aging process. When I was younger, I used to think that time passed by ever so slowly and I kept counting the months and days before my birthday came (usually a sleepless night on the eve of my birthday). I don't know. There was, and still is something about my birthday that makes me happy. I know majority would say that its "just another day", but for me, I've always felt differently. It's always been- my birthday is a happy day and will always be a happy day for me.

This year as yet another birthday approaches, I am filled with so much gratitude and peace deep down. I am thankful and humbled by all the many blessings that fills my life each day. From my not so perfect and normal family that I would not ever trade for anything, to the man (not boy) who I love and who loves me in return, to the friends I have brought so much joy and meaning to my life along the years, and to the new addition of my super cute pet who never fails to brighten my mornings.

This year, there will be no grand celebration, or a list of dreams to wish on for the next year. This year will be a year for me to say "Thank You", "Salamat", "XieXie" to all of you who have made me who I am, who have travelled with me at some point in my journey. And if there is only one thing I will have to wish for, it is for all of you, and all of us, to continue living our lives each day as if it were our last. With all the love and abundant grace from God ever present in us.

Happy Birthday indeed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TINA: sob. wo ai ni :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Didi said...

Belated Sheng Ri my dear Kath!! :) My eternal thanks to you.. :)

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home