Friday, February 10, 2006

Why Write?

One of my dreams in life is to be able to have published a book in the course of my lifetime. I am not saying that these loose writings of mine will be published, unless I am confident enough about the validity and sense of which I am writing of will be capable of touching others.

In the movie Forrest Gump, we saw a point in Forrest’s life where he just started running, for no definite purpose to it or a particular need for it. In a way, my approach to writing these kinds of entries is the same. I felt the urge to write, and feel the need to continue doing so. However, unlike Forrest, I do not see myself stopping 3 years from now because of exhaustion. Unlike Forrest, I feel the need for this because I believe that there is an intrinsic connection between my ability to write and express myself to God’s definitive plan for me.

All my life, I have always found comfort and solitude in using words as an instrument in expressing myself. Be it through mere oral conversation to penning down my thoughts, it had always come easily for me. In these stages of self-discovery, I realized that these moments in my life will perhaps be cornerstones of my faith.

When God created me, He gave me the gift of expression. But it never dawned to me until recently what I am supposed to do with that gift. I thought that I was merely “socially endowed” which made conversing and reaching out so easy for me to do. God also gifted me with the ability to use my pen. In the early days, my pen has seen the conception of poetry, prose and essays that were read and admired by my family and friends. But the pen can also serve as a revolutionary tool, and in this aspect, I believe I am being called to express my faith by writing about it.

More than anything, this is an expression of love. My entries reveal bits and pieces about my personal love story about God. This is written and inspired by love, and my dedication is wrapped around an abominable fear that if I stray, all the love will be taken away from me. This is my love letter to God, an epitaph of my faith, and the continuity of my hopes to be as good a child to God as can possibly be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RUN FORREST RUN!!!!!!!! love you :D

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can speak much on this question.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home