Friday, April 17, 2009

Prayers

Almost 36 hours ago, a family friend of ours was kidnapped. He is only 21 years old. I have known J since he was a baby... as he is my dad's godson, we would always spend good times with this family. His older sister, N, was a childhood buddy. I was naturally devastated by the news of his kidnap, but did not get the facts straight until last night at a mass held for his safe return.

They were closing up their store when 5 armed men stormed in to grab my friend, N. This is when her brother, J, offered himself instead in exchange for his sister. Such a brave and magnanimous act. So heartwrenching and the thought brings tears to my eyes.

Please help us all pray for J's safe return home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home